social media marketing
Marketing is a form of communication between a company and potential customers to present and promote the values of a certain product or service. The main objective of marketing is to sell. Social media marketing is to take the benefit of social network to realize some of the marketing goals, such as promoting and establishing relationship with customers, etc.
Social media marketing is used to present business through social media and use this as a way to communicate a message to potential customers. Social networks refer to different websites that allow interaction between users and the exchange of information through a variety of channels. The content can come in the form of blog articles, presentations, videos, e-books, etc.
Below are some of the most important websites.
- Facebook: It is considered the most popular social network and also a network with the largest number of potential customers. Facebook pages are for celebrities, companies and institutions. A page can have multiple admins/managers. Facebook groups are for users who share the same interests. It is also for college students etc. it can be closed/open or secret.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is considered to be the largest professional business network. Allows you to share posts and profiles.
- Twitter: it differs by its microblogging from the sending of short messages called tweets. Use hashtags.
- YouTube, Vimeo – These websites host video files. The videos can be promotional, instructional, or you can start a video blog. You can promote a video by sharing the link on other social channels.
- Google+: Use Google+ profiles for individuals, Google+ pages are for companies and institutions. Google has stopped having Google+
- Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr – These 3 websites are a platform for sharing visual content. Allows images and short videos for online stores, decorators, clothing manufacturers, etc.
- Foursquare, Yelp: Most of the time, tourists use these social networks to get reviews about the places they visit.
Blogging is a form of social marketing that uses blogs to create and publish content while building a relationship with readers. Blogging is an interactive way of posting content on the web. The act dates back to the 1990s to around the 2000s. It comes from the word “weblog” and publishes useful, practical, and engaging content.
WordPress is the most popular blogging platform. Others are Tumblr, Blogger. For a successful blogging activity, choose a suitable design, be consistent, engage with readers and analyze your performance.
Tips on using social media for marketing include
- Personalization – You need a profile picture, a company description, a cover image, company URLs, and lastly, your business location.
- Social Media Optimization – Implies that if a visitor types your business name into a search engine, it should be easy to find within seconds.
- Follow the social media guidelines: the guidelines on the text and URL in the cover photo, the conditions when organizing the online process and the limitations to avoid a ban must be strictly adhered to.
- Evaluation: Requires follow-up and analysis to evaluate its performance and determine if the results are satisfactory. If the results are not satisfactory, the approach and methods must be changed.
When you intend to use social media for promotion, there are 2 main divisions of promotion for social media. These are the paid and free ads.
Paid ads allow direct promotion with paid ads. You can also track the conversion and flow of a paid campaign. A free version, on the other hand, allows you to create and manage a social account and online promotion through a social media account.
Tools for the management of Social Networks.
- Planning tools include Google Calendar and Post Scheduler.
- To manage your social channel – Hootsuite, Tweetdeck
- For monitoring: Google Alerts, Google Analytics and Social Insights.
Enable GingerCan’t connect to Ginger Please check your internet connection
or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase the current sentenceEdit in Ginger×